Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] WHISKEY SOUR DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah those ones where you get three or four right of the bat can be tricky like that. I’ve always done raise/donut as the first two and when ever I skip donut it can get hairy with all the options left. Donut came up as the word of the day and it was one of my few two guess days. They do raise and I’ll be a genius.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I am now a month into my four-month marathon block. Can't keep weight on me for anything. It's starting to be a problem. I burn roughly 1000 calories per hour while running, but the activity itself has poured jet fuel on my metabolism. Yesterday was a rest day and I spent every waking hour eating or drinking. If I drop another 10 lbs, I'm just gonna buy a mass gainer and stop arguing with my body.

One month in to a four month block. Then I have a month off to recover and start another four month block for London. Over a 12 month period, I'll be training or racing for 3/4 of that. FML

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See, that's why John Popper had that bandolier thing or vest with like 20 harmonicas in it. Always ready for any key.

upload_2023-8-28_13-14-42.jpeg

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And was always packing, all the time.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now, John Popper can actually play the harmonica like a mofo. I saw Blues Traveler open for The Black Crowes in the mid 90's. They were great.

I remember back in late 1994, I think, I bought my first new PC. I'd had some hand-me-downs before that. It was a Gateway, came in the cow boxes and everything. I had to call support for something, and while I was on hold, they had music playing, and some Gateway DJ nonsense chatter in between songs. I'll never forget that Blues Traveler's "Hook" was playing, and then the talky guy came on and said something like, "Ah, yes, the heart does bring you back" and then some other dribble. I was like, "the heart?" it's "the hook" dumbass. Which, given the opening lyrics to that song, that'll probably be the most ironic thing I hear all day. Plus, that dude is going to go around singing "the heart" along with that song for the rest of his life.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Dude is like the Eddie Van Halen, or Geddy Lee of harmonicas... world class virtuoso.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only person I saw live that I thought was better was Norton Buffalo. He was with some band that played at the Mangy Moose in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I was with a buddy and we were getting relatively drunk, so I can't remember the band. But, I do remember the lead singer saying something like, "and thanks to Norton Buffalo on harmonica. You might know him from The Steve Miller Band."

8. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Missing that is akin to the geniuses at the political rallies that play "Born in the USA" or "Fortunate Son" as a patriotic anthem.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Anyone listening to Bruce Springsteen is probably retarded already.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Dude puts on a hell of a concert.

Clarence was a powerhouse on sax.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

And Silvio Dante isn't bad either. I just always associated his music with washed up jocks from the 80s like my father's brother. He's one of those artists where I appreciate his talent, I just don't enjoy the music whatsoever.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I bought and enjoyed Born in the USA and went to the concert back in the 80’s. Quite enjoyed it.

Haven’t really listened to it much recently.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Typical. Exactly what a washed up jock from the 80s would say.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He’s such a twat. He was a completely abusive piece of shit to everybody during the prime of his career, and all these far-more-talented stars just worshipped him for what?

Next time you pick a “voice of a generation”, pick one better than his. At least George Harrison had the stroke to make him the in-the-shadows-guy for the Travelling Wilburies. He was not needed AT ALL for a band that incredible.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Don’t make me come over there.

I’d have to find a long enough extension cord for the CPAP first, of course…

16. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wasn't aware that Springsteen was hated. I'm not saying I pick his albums when I put on music during the day, but I also don't change the channel if he pops onto a radio station.

I was never cool enough to be a washed up jock, but I suppose I shall bear whatever labels are applied to the Springsteen-tolerant.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The 80’s were an interesting time.

Loved John Cougar, long before I found out he was an asshole in real life. Still has great songs.

In the end, I enjoy the song and don’t care about the man. Not like he was a pedo or anything, so I just can’t muster the energy to give a shit.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I don't like Gary Glitter either.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I think I saw him open for the Who on a tour once... didn't get it, no loss. Pedo or not.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ive never heard his stuff outside the radio hits (save the one song in the last episode of Deadwood I love). I get the feeling most of the Springsteen hate is like The Eagles. Way over played, better than average but not great enough to warrant the love he gets, and he's on the softer side of "rock and roll." I know a lot of rock people that only like the heavier Black Sabbath, metal side, of rock and eschew people like Springsteen or The Beatles for being too soft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.