Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] WORLD WHISKY DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I found that hilarious.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I went on to thank him for making the effort for such a lengthy trip but I should have just asked how the drive went like a normal human.

I keep remembering the taken aback look on his face and die inside a little more.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

+1

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You were being a caring person, and if he has a problem with that, then he can go fuck himself.

But what did he say? Did he tell you about the clot? What was his reaction?

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Today was a great day.

We're starting to get nice warm weather now... so today was a lot of yard work. Evicted the tenants out of the heater vent, prepped a lot of the flower/garden beds, all that stuff. It was fantastic.

Then finished the night off with a nice cigar, some whisky, and a big fire in the firepit. First time in a long time I've done that, and it was fantastic.

I have to do that more often.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

He was a gratuitous guest. He looked taken aback but recovered quickly and explained about how he has a DVT. I realized how awkward out the gate I was and just thanked him for making the trek.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We need a fire pit night too,but I need to do some weeding out there. The California poppies have taken over. They are beautiful but I need some real estate back!

8. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Weather has been fantastic - slightly overcast between 68 and 72 the last couple weekends and all the cool outdoor spots have been super-chill. Presumably this all goes to shit in 2 weeks when Memorial Day hits and everyone (vaccinated or pretending to be) ventures outside and crowds the shit out of everything because there are no actual events scheduled yet.

In other news, some advice needed: my neighbor behind my house had a giant 40-foot pepper tree in his yard that overhung mine for years. He didn't maintain it much but every couple years I'd spend a couple hundred bucks trimming off the part over my yard, and it grew back quickly. Some power and cable lines ran right through the damn thing, and I had it trimmed and the power company was like "oh this is messing with the power lines" but it's not my tree. So, they went to talk to the owner who, instead of just trimming it, cut the whole fucking thing down (literally like 2 weeks after I paid $300 to get my side of it cut). It was a wonderful bit of screening for the sun and now I have just open sky back there and it's like being woken up by Jesus every morning.

I'm thinking of planting a line of Italian Cypress back there. It'll take 5 years before they're useful at blocking out the sun but I'm a patient guy. Anyone have experience with those as a screening plant? I'm a little worried because I would prefer like 30-40 feet instead of the 60+ that Italian Cypress can get, and I want to modulate the sun rather than totally blocking it out. Any good alternatives? I'd love something like Slender Hinoki Cypress but I'm in Zone 10 and I'm not sure they'll grow here.

9. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you are in Zone 10, why are you looking to get an evergreen? Evergreens like that are more used for privacy then shade and typically in colder zones because they don't go bare over the winter like a normal tree would. I'm not well versed in zone 10 plants, but do you guys actually have a fall where the trees lose their leaves? You could go with a Fig tree and get some delicious fruit out of it.You could also import some gum trees (eucalyptus) from Australia as they do very well in hot zones and are really good shade trees.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Oh, Internet...

The comment section is GOLD.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Is it true that people from Newfoundland, known as Newfies, are Canadian rednecks?

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It has been satirized since then.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No. They just sound very differently. The combination of Acadian and Celtic mixed out east created these unique forms of accents and slangs. Fishing is a big thing with Newfie’s, along with drinking and partying. They’re probably the most fun people on Canada, and they say things like “Jesus H Christ, ya snod-gobbling son of a bitch, I’ll take ya outside and beat the face off your lart-thunderin’ Jesus!!!”

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I don't know why, but this one made me laugh far to much.

Capture.PNG

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

16. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

issue is they were buying a ton of stuff they didn't really want and didn't know how to prepare. Sardines in mustard, what the actual fuck? You prepare that by putting it in the trash.

If you don't regularly eat a ton of beans, don't buy them by the pound. I knew a lot of people who got into their "pandemic supplies" during the snowpocalypse when the toilets didn't work, and they found out the stinky way that their stomachs didn't like some of the food.

18. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Up here in the frozen lands everyone uses Emerald Green or Green Giant Arborvitae for screening, depending on how big you want shit to get. Leyland Cypress might be a little stretched on growing conditions as warm as you are but would be my recommendation for slightly warmer than we are.

If you're looking for shade though, why not plant something closer and broader and deciduous (is that a thing there?) that actually branches and kicks real shade under it?

While I have no experience with your zone, I'll say nursery shit is pretty fucking hard to come by in any quantity this year. I basically had to give a rep from Oregon a handjob behind the dumpster in order to get a truckload of Arborvitae last week and the goddamn freight rate would have doubled the price if I hadn't agreed to buy a bunch of a little shit I don't really need that they can stack in between them.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, I’m taking Friday off to head to a nursery that’s out of the way to get nice hanging plants. Every other nursery around the big cities are fucked and have shit or no inventory. These guys (90 min drive away) have lots, and high quality. Looking forward to the day trip.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Loop Daddy had Wayne Brady drop by today... it was ON FIRE y'all.

Wayne had that permanent "dayum! blackest white boy I've ever seen!" look on his face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.