Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] WORLD WHISKY DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Brady was sort of absorbed by the G-rated daytime comedy world, but that will never take away the insane talents that he has as an entertainer. His freestlying ability to just conjure up songs on the spot is freak-of-nature stuff.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm beyond pissed off that he has not been able to be bigger than he is. He is INSANELY talented, but I just don't think mainstream media or his agent know how to properly focus and deliver what he has to offer.

This session with Loop Daddy is amazing, by the way. My all time favourite so far.

3. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Thanks! The Green Giants were another one I was considering and they also look pretty attractive.

I live in the burbs and have a relatively tiny backyard, hence the desire for trees that grow basically straight up. Anything else will end up half over my neighbors' yards and intertwining with the power lines again. I would love to have room for a couple of large deciduous trees.

I haven't even gone out shopping, so I would not be surprised if this is the case.

We do not really have a Fall here, but as noted above - relatively small yard and I'm not aware of any deciduous tree that grows basically straight up like that. I grew up in a subdivision where they planted eucalyptus all over and they grow fast & tall, but they also develop internal air pockets and eventually crack in half and destroy your roof in a strong breeze.

I have an empty front yard that (prior to my owning the house) had a legendarily giant avocado tree that eventually became problematic (rats, giant-ass roots that tore up everything). I would love to put like a fruit cocktail tree out there.

4. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The bit he did on the Chappelle show after Mooney said some BS about him not being "black enough" was funny as hell. Dude is talented as hell.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That skit is a bonafide classic and did great things for both of them. It showed how cool and loose Brady could be, and it showed what Chappelle could do with “clean” people when you gave him creative control. Although Brady was hellbent on not saying THAT famous line, and then he did it anyways and made everything ten times better.

6. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a very unmanly interaction with a bumblebee while mowing the yard today that I'm hoping none of the neighbors saw. Then I carried a couple dozen bags of gravel the long way around the deck to avoid antagonizing it further. I got punked by a bug.

That's assuming that he wants to be bigger. As is, he's got a steady daytime TV gig, which usually implies pretty good money for not much work, and he can do whatever he wants with the rest of his time, be it artsy musical projects or just spending time with his family, and he's a big enough name that he can probably get roles in TV shows or movies if that's what he feels like doing that year.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You have to think that he'd want to do a movie or two... but yeah, who knows what he REALLY wants.

I like to think he's holding out because 99% of movie/script writers are shit, and he won't settle.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Bumblebees are intimidating. They’re big and loud and like wasps they are social insects, so they get right in your face. They’ve lived in our backyard for a decade now, they’re great because they chase away yellow jackets and for entertainment they’ll fight each other like pissed-off stray cats.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If it's any consolation for you, I sat on the deck for an hour watching a chicken spin round on the rotisserie, all while 4 blue jays ate the fuck out of a swarm of bees that were going after my red bud blossoms.

You probably can't see them, but there are easily a 100 bees going to town in that tree right now.

JGR50230.jpg

10. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't even know if it was angry with me or just bobbing around like a drunken toddler, but I do know that I fell down while running backwards and almost pulled the push mower onto my foot. On the one hand, I don't want to spray for the dandelion and clover in the yard because I know that they're good for the bees and that the bees are good for everything else. On the other hand, I haven't been stung by a bee or wasp in 15 years and I'd like to keep that streak going.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So, that TMNT rap between Marc and Wayne Brady is fucking hilarious.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Bumblebees are curious. They'll check you out. They have startled me, too, because at first you usually can't tell if it is friend (bee) or foe (wasp). We have lots of wasps here so it's a coin toss.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

finally got a trailer, just a 5X8 one from home depot, mainly for use with out UTV. Really well made with some actual useful features though given the sub-$1k price. My two boys have spent the past two days climbing all over it, "working" on it, getting me to take them on rides on the gator while towing that, and convincing my wife to buy them john deere-branded clothing.

yeah, she's absolutely fucked. Happy almost 11 year anniversary honey! We're raising two mini-me's!

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

This weekend was fun but boy is my stomach torn up. Some combinations of not my usual fiber and/or water in take has lead to a brick sitting in my stomach. I just downed a fuckton of coffee in the hopes of shitting. I just want to poop.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Watch for Gypsy moth larvae. They are on their way.

It’s also Year 17 for hibernation, which means the Cicadas are coming out this summer. Trillions of them.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

cooking thread is gonna be lit

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

When I was very young and we were still doing our summer camping across America trips, we were somewhere in the Appalachians when a couple cycles of those damned insects synced up. It was fucking Biblical.

18. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bumblebees are not big. They are the same size as honeybees. The big ones that look like them are carpenter bees.

19. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8-16 ozs of prune juice on an empty stomach works wonders.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

No prune juice in the house. I do have about 10cups of pinto beans in the fridge and some laxatives in the cupboard. I'll figure something out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.