Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend Drunk Thread [3-12-10] SAINT PATRICK'S DAY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fernanthonies, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This was a horrible idea.

It's 8AM here and we've already lost 3 of the 8 participants.

Waking up, banging down a shot of whiskey in the middle of the night makes me fell like I'm living in Deadwood circa 1876, but without the whores. Yuck.

At least its morning and Baileys in coffee counts.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

DRINKING DAY. CUE UP, FUCKERS.

(I had to post this photo once more)
    [​IMG]

3. Lorelei

Lorelei
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I was woken up at 7:30am to a radio station parking its RV immediately next to my place and blasting 'Pump Up the Jam' repeatedly. I'm still questioning whether this was a fantastic way to start St Patrick's or terrible. Regardless, I've got my first screw driver poured, breakfast on the stove and I'm prepping my go-bag for the parade with bottles of homemade bloody marys and beer.

Considering how crazy Savannah usually is for St Patrick's, last night was really tame- hoping the parade shows better.

4. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Up at 8 AM, drinking jameson and irish creme in my coffee. Headed to the bar in a few. I will be fucked up by noon. Have fun and be safe all.

5. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To all of you who don't have to work today or tomorrow: I hate you. That is all.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I had momentarily forgotten what day this was, I was reminded when I drove by the local bar at 8 this morning, and noticed that the parking lot was half full and folks were outside smoking.

I, on the other hand, am living vicariously through all of you until quitting time.

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I'm skipping out on going to the pubs tonight...

To go fuck an Irish girl. That's allowed, right?

8. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I'm going to forsake drinking to study medicinal chemistry, so bang her extra hard for me, will you?

9. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll be heading to our local Irish pub for $1 Guinness and $2 Jameson shots here shortly. Meeting up with a couple people from Ireland, one plays rugby and I hope I don't die trying to drink with him.

10. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Got my coffee with Bailey's and Jameson. Don't know what the day has in store for me, but I know it will be awesome. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

11. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I just got back from the high school. I dropped in to pay my two favorite teachers a visit.

The art teacher has a big St. Patrick's Day celebration in all of his classes. I got there at the beginning of the period so I got to partake in the green punch and hear him when he busted out his guitar to sing The Wild Rover.

My junior year we didn't get to have the party because he had fallen off of the stage and broke his wrist (he also teaches drama.) I told him I was cashing in on that.

I have to give a massage at 1:30 this afternoon then I don't work again until tomorrow at 12:30 so as soon as I get back home I'll be joining the party. Granted, I'll be at home drinking by myself so I'm not sure how much that counts.

12. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You'll be drinking with all of us who don't have anything to do until later today. I'll be here for a while.

13. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

SGEDIT:Nothing but two quotes so if you meant to add anything it didn't work.

14. Tuesday

Tuesday
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I didn't even mean to go to the bar last night. My homework was going nowhere, so I said fuck it, I'll stop in for a couple beers.

Then we started betting rounds on games of darts. After I won the first 2-3, I couldn't just leave, so of course we ended up staying til past closing. I woke up to my bedroom spinning around me. Fuck.
    Missed my morning classes, and now I'm off to buy my minikeg for our afternoon race. Hopefully I can kick this hangover before we tap the kegs, otherwise I'm in for a rough start.

No matter what, it's a gorgeous day and I'm going to enjoy it.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I have to put a delay in my drinking today. I'm still cruising from the wisdom meds and have to get my little girl from daycare later, so there's no way I'm touching booze before that.

And since we're just doing hot chicks in green today (way to open the floor easier Chater)...barkeep, order me up another round of Faye Valentine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now for some music to trash your living room to:

#295 Crown Royal, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First Guinness of the day.

Got my cornbeef in the crock pot getting acquainted with beef stock, Guinness, and pickling spices. If I do nothing else with my day, food coma will be worth it.

17. TCV

TCV
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Jameson and baileys in coffe..... check

Guiness in fridge.... check

About to go play a round of golf and see what happens after that, but it's a good day so far.

18. Bebe

Bebe
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I can't decide whether I want to go to the bar and get drunk on Jameson and lager or stay home with the 2/3 full liter of vodka. On the one hand, my home booze is free and I don't have to worry about transportation home. On the other hand, karaoke starts at 6 and I fucking love getting drunk and making fun of the singers. Decisions, decisions.

19. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whatever. You'll be singing "Separate Ways" by 8, slinging beer on whoever's unfortunate enough to be near the stage.

But it's OK, true love won't desert you.

I just found out Mini Kiss is playing downtown. Fuck. It's going to be shoulder to shoulder and $10 parking. So goddamn tempted for some midget rock. Another few beers this will go from "pretty good idea" to "OHMYFUCKINGGODMIDGETSPLAYING." Now to just convince everyone else. Sit around listening to a bad band, waiting 20 minutes for a half sized Guinness in one spot, or go to another spot for the same thing, but to hear squeaky Kiss songs. Flawless logic.

20. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Saw two guys I know aren't disabled rolling around town in (presumably stolen) wheelchairs today. Also saw a guy get pulled over on a Segway. I wonder if you can get a DUI for that in NY.

Yep. It's definitely St. Patrick's Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.