Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend Drunk Thread 9/7/2012-9/9/2012!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No wife and no kids means I am playing Madden 13, watching Breaking Bad, and drinking until my hands and feet are numb.

Also, Skype is awesome, got to Skype with the wife and kid. She is clearly teething, so I feel kinda bad for them.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to. Then I turned 12 in 1993...

Jesus, how young is your wife?

3. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Attached Files:

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you think it's Wednesday night, you're past buzzed . . .

So, I am loose in our Nation's capitol (U-S-A! U-S-A!). I am going to a concert Sunday night and a baseball game tomorrow mid day. Other than that, I am wide open. Right now, I am drinking a cold beer, posting on TiB. That's as far as I've gotten. What should I do this weekend?

5. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Stanford releases a study showing non-organic produce has identical nutrients to it's organic counterparts.

I have to assume this is some sort of special interest play as Stanford is a prestigious university.

Right? Am I missing something here?

6. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're in one of the museum capitols of the world. So you should get drunk in a dive bar and make disparaging comments about "stupuhd libruhls"

Come to think of it, where did Ted Kennedy hang out? That'd be an awesome place to throw back a few dozen martinis. The bartender probably knows exactly how to hide a body.

7. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eating organic produce for the sake of personal health is kind of bullshit, and I'm a whole foods hippy. If you want to maximize health eat local, in season produce, the nutritional damage done by travel far outweighs whether the farmers used natural or synthetic pesticides.

That said, I lean towards organic if I can't get local because for whatever reason it seems to taste better and the cost spread isn't that big.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Definitely doing some museums, but alas, a lot of them close at like 5:30 (and don't open until 10?). Didn't man land on the moon like the day after Kennedy killed Mary Jo? It was easy to keep people from paying attention when they were all looking up. (Here's to Neil Armstrong!)

I guess I'll head out looking for the dive bar, then.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't remember who its was, but someone on here doesn't find Brooke Burke hot.

[​IMG]

I've had a crush on her for years.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Good weed pick-up this weekend. I'm lit up like a retarded kid with front row Wrestlemania tickets.

11. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I live about 5 miles from a farmers market and buy my fruits and vegetables from there when it's open. I used to buy organic eggs but my Mother started taking care of chickens about a year ago so I get free eggs from chickens who spend all day outside and get a lots of different food to eat.

I never thought organic was healthier really, just tastes a whole lot better.

12. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Judging by a lot of the bikini shots I've seen her in over the years, she likely shaves her lady parts, so it was probably Dixie.

13. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But it's a skewed study.

Nutrition vs pesticides are two completely different factors. Stanford said "nutrients".

They know better

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Autumn in New England. It's fair season motherfuckers.

15. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well if you think about it, why would organic vegetables have more nutrients in the first place? It's the treatment and the land the the produce grows from that determines if the produce is organic, it's not the type of seed. Really the only pro organic argument you have is if you believe synthetic pesticides prevents nutrient absorption more than natural pesticides or think they're more toxic, I don't think nutrient content was ever a major player in the discussion.

I'm going to feel stupid if you're trolling, aren't I?

16. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This makes me want to move back to NH. You nutmegers celebrate with lame fairs, New Hampshire celebrates with excessive alcohol consumption and bad decisions.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I had a fucking blast tailgating and watching UC whip up on Pitt. There was a girl there with boobs so big it brought a tear to my eye. God do I miss college ow so much.

Also, that Pumking beer posted before is good as fuck my friend works at a wineshop and brings out a few bottle every time we go it. It is awesome.

18. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're stating the obvious and reaffirming my point- Why would Stanford do a study on something so obvious? Is this rhetoric?

The organic industry never claimed more nutrients. In fact, I'd consider this fairly common knowledge. But it goads the less read individuals who take university studies at face value and draw conclusions from false positives.

My point is that I wouldn't be surprised if Stanford builds a new bioengineering hall courtesy of Monsanto.

Or maybe Ivey league academia is really that pointless.

19. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[/quote]Or maybe Ivey league academia is really that pointless.[/quote]

Now you're on to something

20. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I recognize that this doesn't at all apply to commercial organic, but local farmers are able to plant heirloom or rarer varieties of different fruits, veggies, legumes, etc. which are absolutely more nutrient-dense than your standard produce varieties. They can afford to do this because they don't have to worry about planting crops with the end goal of keeping their produce safely unblemished for long transport...the furthest it'll ever go is from their farm to their CSA drop site or farmers' market. Most of these varieties wouldn't do well in grocery stores because they're not "pretty," but they're perfectly fine to eat and oftentimes more delicious than your typical varieties.

I am 100% certain that some of the tomatoes, squash, and beans that I get from my farmers are more nutrient-dense than anything I could get at Whole Foods or any grocery store equivalent. But I'll still shop at WF for anything out of season or not available locally because 1) pesticides, and 2) Fair labor practices for farm workers, and 3) It is MILF City.

Focus: Wine? Please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.