Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

What did you learn in school today honey?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We never watched Chester the Cat. In my day we watched Uncle Smiley, about some weird guy in a striped shirt and suspenders down the block who liked to hang out with all of the kids. All of the shows wrapped up with a moral lesson. In one episode he is bathing in the local river, in full view of anyone who walked by, including his litttle "posse". The moral of that episode was "Don't bathe in the river, because the soap pollutes the water". Seriously.

Our education was fairly progressive, and DARE programs hadn't been implemented yet, so there was no attempt to put the fear of God or drug addiction into us. Juts the fear of driving. We got watch this:

#21 Misanthropic, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because you're talking about a private school founded on religious principles, not the vast majority of government funded public schools. Even down here in the bible belt I was taught thorough, science based form of sex education.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Were they male strip clubs and was he fucking dudes?

4. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

You know what's weird? I don't remember any kind of sex ed beyond the whole puberty menstruation talk. We had a 20 minute shpiel about STDs and that was it. Well, there was the sex ed of the class slut bragging about her BJ skills, but I don't think that counts.

Female anatomy? That was a chick going commando, wearing a short skirt and bending over in the middle of physics class. I thought our poor teachers eyes were going to bulge out of his skull from shock.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Same here. To this day, I have no idea about what the actual story of the birds and the bees is all about. Heard about it, know it's to explain sex, but that's about it.

6. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I had a similar experience with sex ed, which I credit for me not knocking anyone up at a young age. Since I was taught sex ed in a straight forward, no-bullshit manner, I had a good understanding of how my body worked by the time I started having sex.

But I was also Catholic. We went to confirmation classes on Wednesday nights, where we learned about the dangers of "petting and necking" and modern music. I remember one video in particular that we watched where a guy was talking about how he saw a music video where some rock star named "Bon Jovi" was up on the stage playing for a huge crowd. The people in the crowd were reaching out to him and chanting "Bon Jovi! Bon Jovi!" as if they were worshiping him. Apparently this was akin to worshiping idols, and such behavior should be reserved for God and God only, and I don't care how good you think this "Bon Jovi" character's music is.
    At 14 years old I didn't know what was more ridiculous: the thought that cheering for a rock star was worshiping a false god, or that this fucking guy didn't know who Bon Jovi was.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Ah, sex ed. Good times.

Bear in mind that I grew up in a different time and environment then rest of y'all. We didn't have cable TV. The folks in town got NBC, ABC, & CBS. Us that lived out in the country got ABC, if we were lucky. For a number of years we got 0 channels, so we had to rely on the radio like folks from the 30's. There were no video tapes. There was one movie theater in town. Not a multi-plex. One movie screen. A new movie every week or two. The nearest big city (Population 15,000) was 50 miles away. We were isolated and quite naive.

In 7th or 8th grade our church decided to become a bit more progressive and offer us young 'uns sex ed. Taught by the 55-65 year old minister and his equally aged wife.

The first hour was spent listening to a cassette tape done by another ancient minister talking about sex and how much he and his wife liked french kissing. It also included bits of wisdom that let the girls know they always had to be on guard, especially in the shower, against looking at the other girls naked or, the worst, brushing against another naked girl. That was very, very bad. That was Satan at work, because no one can resist a naked girl.

Masturbation was mentioned frequently in the same breath as "Lake of fire, to burn for eternity."

After listening to all this, we were asked if there were any questions. Since we had no idea what the fuck the tape was talking about there were plenty. The first two questions still stand out in my mind:

What is a virgin?

Answer: A woman who's not married.

What is masturbation?

Self stimulation of the genitals to achieve an orgasm.

The second answer, while technically correct, left us confused. We were sheltered and all we heard was "Blah blah of the blah blah to achieve blah blah."

The 10 or 12 of us collectively decided after that answer it was best not to ask anymore questions. We walked away from the lesson thoroughly confused. Apparently sex was a wonderful gift from God. Unless you have it by yourself. Or with someone else. Especially a naked woman.

On the plus side, we all went home and self stimulated our genitals to achieve an orgasm completely guilt free, because we had no idea that's what we were doing.

A fun side note: The minister that taught the class had been relieved of his last ministry and sent to our little town. Something to do with the young girls in the previous congregation. Within 2 years, EVERY family that had teenage girls left our church. One of them told me she caught him peeking in her window and self stimulating his genitals. Go figure.

Around the same time we had mandatory hunter safety in school, taught by the PE teacher. With real guns and bullets. You haven't lived until the PE coach hands a fucking rifle to a borderline retard to demonstrate how to hold a gun and he starts waving that fucker all over the room. Thirty five 11-12 year old boys bailing out of their desks and hitting the deck while the coach screams "NO!" at the kid, confusing him even further. He finally grabbed the gun out of the kid's hands while it was pointed straight at his head.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty standard sex ed. Christian lady explained abstinence was the only way to protect from STDs and pregnancy then tried to get everyone to sign a promise sheet that they'd wait for marriage. I was pissed that our teacher didn't do the Jolly Rancher spit cup test like the other health teacher did. Everyone got a Jolly Rancher started to eat it and then spat in a cup that was passed around. The ending color was supposed to scare you from fucking promiscuous people because STDs.

The pictures of herpes and GENITAL WARTS were frightening enough for me. It looked like Terry Richardson took the pictures in a dimly lit morgue, because these people OBVIOUSLY died of their afflictions based on the photos I saw. Shit has made me a hypercondriac about sex and always wearing condoms.

9. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The carbon dioxide in beer can kill you.

If the condom breaks, you could die.

The condom will break and you are going to die.

I went to a Catholic school, and the quality of sex ed was pretty lousy. The Christmas mythology of God stuffing a baby up Mary's uterus taught me more about how babies are made than actual sex ed and it was quite a while before I pieced together "oh, people can do this literally any time they want and it's not illegal or anything" and "this is where babies come from, and God doesn't magically make a woman pregnant sometime after she's married".

10. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was enrolled in a private Baptist school until 6th grade,, that's when I was forced to go to a public school because I was kicked out.
    You were supposed to only have a total of 45 demerits in a semester, I accumulated 45 in less than a quarter.

What catapulted me over the top was at 9 years old after gym class I climbed through the ceiling into the girls locker room to get a sneak peak at some 5th grade pussy.

I have many stories, but I distinctly remember that they told us that the Smurfs were Satanic because of some episode where they all walk and talk backwards.

All you guys have strange and bullshit Sex-Ed stories,,, There wasn't even a fucking Sex-Ed class. I have older Twin sisters that graduated from that school, and I'm not shitting you, both of them were virgins until after 30 years old. Neither of them are trolls. But both are still fucked up about that place.