Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

What do you hate about being you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, Jan 27, 2023.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stop with the gay-ass "country" music.

Yeah, I tried that, it doesn't work for me.

2. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But is was right there.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is me also. I know I should cut back, but I don't want to.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Those magnetic dishes have really helped at least keep me from losing track of the screws and bolts I remove. Need to get a really big sized set that I can lay my tools on.

5. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nothing, my mommy made me perfect just the way I am.

I will second (third?) the weight issue. My low to mid 20's, that was me at my absolute prime. Eat whatever and not gain a pound I didn't mean to. Nowadays, I will hover between 265-280, sometimes fluctuating daily. I don't know how that works, but I *do* know that I grew up too poor and deprived to not eat whatever the fuck I want, when I want.

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The thing that I hate the most is my aversion to cleaning. I would rather live in squaller than clean. I’m a minimalist. I tell people it’s because I hate consumerism, but truthfully I don’t like cleaning/ taking are of things. so I try not to own them. It’s the main reason why I wished I lived somewhere with public transit. I’d love to not have to wash and clean my car.

Our dishwasher broke and it took over a month for the new one to get delivered. That month I did the dishes by hand 1-2x a day. It hurt. I almost cried.

I have rules set for myself. Like after the kids go to bed I can’t do anything fun until things are cleaned and put away. Because if I don’t it just won’t get cleaned. I won’t allow my family to live like that. But if it was just me I’d happily do it.

It’s probably not a mental illness but dang if it doesn’t feel like it.

7. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Short term memory can be an issue for me. Not so much misplacing tools like the others, but mundane shit that I don't pay attention to. For example, locking the door when I leave the house. I have never not done it, but I get a few steps away and can't remember locking the door so I turn around and check.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit are we the same person? Im starting think historically most of it boils down to how much insomnia zapped my energy and my will power to do anything but nuke my dinner and flop on the couch after school/work. My dad was a neat freak and blew his stack enough I just stopped caring too. Funny as he didnt actually clean much himself he had my mom do everything (he did the house/car work which he excelled at). My mom was attentive to cleaning and didnt have much negative energy around it until she hit menopause then she went mental about cleaning. I don't want to live my life around anxiety around cleaning. I really dont give a fuck about my lawn looking like a golf course like the neighbors. I haven't shoveled the driveway in 15 years. Lots of boomer shit I dont want to spend my life worrying about. I just stare into the distance as dishes stack up.

Another thing I dont like is how much I procrastinate. Like this morning I wanted to go hunting and be in the field a half hour before first light. I sat around for a good 45 minutes surfing the web and playing wordle and got there 20-30 minutes after shooting started (45 minutes later than I wanted) and had all the birds moving while I was still setting up. Im the friend you have to tell an eta 30 minutes before you actually want me there. Also put off just about everything else. Paying bills (surprised Ive never had anything go to a collection agency), car work (put off work on my back up car and will have no cars when my daily goes out), home projects, hobby projects, health issues and on and on. Most of it ties back into how tired I am all the time during the week. Ive never put together a week of doing chores or projects during the work week. Then I try to catch up on the weekends and 9 times out of 10 I just want to decompress and just veg out. I dont know how people with kids handle it! I imagine Ill be the zombie dad Chris-tuh-fuh saw at the gas station when he decided to have Adrianna killed on The Sopranos.

#28 Kubla Kahn, Jan 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2023