Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

What's your number?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silway, May 3, 2017.

?

For $10 million, I would press a button that randomly killed this number of people in the world:

1. No one.

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. 1 Person.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. 10 People.

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. 100 People.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. 1,000 People.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Sky's the limit.

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I am against the death penalty for two reasons. 1) death penalty costs more once you figure in the court costs and all that; 2) it's the easy way out, better penalty is to let the guilty rot. However, I would make an exception if I could carry out the sentence myself and they skipped all the pointless extra appeals. I'd be a lot cheaper than what those drugs and everything would cost. Hell I'd be a one man firing squad on child molesters for free.

2. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I'm just imagining a "pack" of 100 ducks mobbing the shit out of old people in parks who just wanted to feed one or two of them pieces of bread...

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Horses are awesome... ponies are hellspawn... so if the progression continues, duck-sized horses will be evil incarnate.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But, but . . . what about lil' Sebastian? If he was smaller, surely he'd be even cuter!

5. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Slap a friend? Everyone needs a good slap every now an then, friends are no exception. Hell, the last fight I was in (not counting prison) was with a friend of mine who wouldn't stop running his mouth.

Kill a stranger? Like just some random person? I don't have much interest in that.
    However, I'd PAY to kill a cop or a judge and get away with it. I'd even go to their funeral and spit tobacco juice on their grave (I don't even chew/ dip, but it's a symbolic act).

6. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Way to make a thread about killing strangers somehow darker...

Would I kill a stranger for money? I'll be honest, I don't know. I like to think not, but somewhere in the 20 million dollar range I'd find it harder and harder to say no. Though it's actually in the multiple billion range that you enter the realm of wealth that projects societal power and that's exponentially harder to say no to.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The exception does not negate the rule.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I think the billion dollar mark just has to be off limits, simply because it is so obvious. So not sure the dollar value really has much to do with this, because if people are morally ok with it on some level, they'll find a dollar mark where they kinda break even.

For me, the more interesting questions are the yes or no ones.

For example, is there a dollar value at which you would allow a thousand men to bukkake on your face? A dollar value for you to eat it?

Is there a dollar amount at which you would eat human flesh?

Is there a dollar amount at which you would indulge in gay(or hetro, if you are gay) sex every day for the rest of your life?

Could someone pay you a significant enough amount to sit through a justin timberlake concert?

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know it's a page late, but people here need $10,000,000 to retire? Are you all living like Kanye? Are you going to even make ten million if you work until 65 at your current job? If you're making $150k a year (which is way above average but hey, there are some pretty smart people on this board so that might be "our" average) it's still going to take you a LONG time to reach ten mill. Most of the board members are probably in their mid 30's and will live to their mid 80's, you can't live on $200k cash a year? Shit, 95% of this board could easily live on the interest of that much money.

Kill a stranger - It's one thing to give a high dollar amount, it's another thing when someone starts opening briefcases full of cash and is just waiting for the word. Put a huge pile of $100's in front of me and there is little I think I'd really say "No" to. I'm sure I'd give the go ahead and then regret it and think about who it was for the rest of my life.

Like Audrey said "What's a soul?"

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Added a poll for you sick, nihilistic fucks.

11. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck yeah!! Where's the button?

12. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is what I thought, 10mill at 150k a year is 67 years, that would be most people here well into there 90's or later.

6mil would do fine for me to get me to my retirement.

Pay off my house and the car would be my number to kill a random stranger.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Hell I'd retire now if someone would buy me a fishing boat, a trailer, and a house near the Texas coast.

Make my living during "retirement" as a fishing guide and never work a day in my life.