Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Who the fuck is Wayne Campbell?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guernica, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Israel

Israel
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I hate to admit this, especially since I was a kid in the eighties, but I've never seen The Goonies. I also wasn't into any sports, and to this day, cannot fathom how much sports trivia people have in their head. Especially when stats or specific terms come up, I just sit there and nod.

2. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unless it played on TGIF or Nick, I didn't watch it as a kid. There is a huge chunk of 90's television I didn't get to watch. So no 21 Jumpstreet, Doogie Howser, Beverly Hills 90210, Arsinio Hall, Blossom, Caroline in the City (although, my sister's name is Caroline, and jokes were always made.), In Living Color, and I didn't get to watch Dawson's Creek until the 3rd season.

Eventually,we got better cable and I expanded to Fox Family, Disney Channel, and some MTV.

3. upinak

upinak
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Am I missing something here, is this show still referenced to/ talked about by ANYONE today? I can't remember it even being popular when it was on tv, let alone 15-20 years later.

4. lionbatcher

lionbatcher
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

Hello - long timer lurker, first time poster. This post really rang true for me, my situation was somewhat similar.

Growing up, my mother wouldn't let me watch Ghostbusters ("Is that really how you think the world will end?") or He-Man ("Who is the real Master of the Universe?"). She tried to keep me from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because apparently the Bible tells her that half-man half-animals are the abomination of God. I'm not certain how I survived her ridiculousness and emerged unscathed.

Can't think of any I haven't caught up on though.

5. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck younger than me, try older:

My wife had never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Spaceballs, or Blazing Saddles. Yes, she was born in the 60s, so there is no fucking excuse. How the fuck does that happen?