Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Why are we here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toytoy88, Jul 12, 2013.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I found the link on Maddox's page, like many of you. It was good timing, because the EHOWA message board had recently devolved from being what this place is, to what most message boards are. In other words, it got cliquey, flamish, trolly, and inane in a bad way.

It's been said a couple times already, and it may just be us inflating our own egos, but I think this board is several magnitudes of intelligence above the standard internet forum.

Plus, people don't give me too much shit when I get blackout drunk and start getting lippy.

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Put me on the Maddox bandwagon, too.
    I actually didn't read/join the RMMB until after I'd read almost everything else on the Tucker/Rudius site. (The thing I miss most about that place is that when he shut down the message board, he shut down all of the other Rudius pages as well. I miss Devil Monkey, Slow Children At Play, and a bunch of others that don't spring to mind right now.)

3. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A friend of mine gave me a copy of IHTSBiH to read and after that I went to Tucker's site and on to the RMMB. I never really posted much aside from the sports board before it closed. Followed everyone to TiB and aside from a couple of short breaks never left.

By far and away this is where I spend the most time online and I've had the pleasure of meeting some amazing people on here and will hopefully get to share a few beverages with them some day.

4. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Please forgive me and excuse spelling/grammar since my BAC is probably approaching flammable.

I joined Tucker's board about January of '03 I think. Never really said much outside of the tech boards where certain mods ripped me to shreds even though I've done top level tech work for longer than I care to remember.

I started up here something like 6 months to a year after Tucker shut everything down. I did enjoy and currently miss the Rudius boards simply for the diversity of posts. No complaints really, but the former board had a far greater number of posters.

I stick around because this place is open to diverse ideas so long as you can explain yourself and generally not be an asshole during the explanation. That said, it's usually funnier when people are drunk and go off the rails once in a while.

The only question I ever had was this: Where the hell did all of the original mods go? Did DCC ever let Nettdata out of her basement?

5. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I found the TMMB (as it was then) in September 2005 from a friend of mine who had called me to tell me about Tucker Max's stories. I read most of the stories that were up and I signed up for the TMMB. I believe this was about a month after the board had been restarted (it wasn't the first iteration of the TMMB, apparently). I saw many of the big flamings (like Blueberry Boy, JFP, Cloud Starchaser, those matricidal twins from Canada who posted their tits for Max, etc.). I got flamed plenty but only banned once (in the last week of the board being up, so I never saw how it ended).

I'll admit to having very little to no experience with message boards outside of this place, so I couldn't say if this place is better or worse than others, but the content is usually interesting and often funny so I find myself coming back and even posting occasionally, though I seem to post more in the Sports Threads (specifically about association football and formula 1 racing) now than in the General Discussion or Permanent Threads boards.

Also, the WDT is a constant source of amusement, especially the ramblings of the resident drunks...

6. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I came here for the coffee and stayed here for the donuts.

7. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm an old RMMB guy who found it after stumbling on Tucker's blog and decided to go a little deeper into the rabbit hole (sidenote: that's not a Bunny joke).

I like this place because it's fun, maddening, enlightening, disgusting, hilarious, voyeuristic, and filled with a generally interesting crowd of people who, from time to time, think I'm funny and give me sweet, sweet validation.

In that regard, this place is like a concentrated Google for all the things I like about the internet. It's a one stop shop.

8. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm here because I followed a few people from the old board and have kind of never left. Its comfortable here so I stay.

9. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty much the same. I have a couple sports messageboards I visit regularly, but they aren't nearly as random as this. I miss the new blood aspect of the RMMB, but I don't miss the sycophants and overlords who were bulletproof.

10. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The meaning of life is to find purpose. The purpose of life is to give it meaning.

Sorry, thought this was a metaphysical thread. But note that 2 pages in and all the responses are from regular posters. C'mon lurkers! It's not as though there's an application and dues.

My experience is similar to CR. bought the book, found my way to RMMB and here I am.

11. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I found the TMMB through Tucker's website. I had no idea what a message board was, but once I started reading, I kept coming back for the laughs. The only thing I didn't like was how the mods would ridicule the shit out of someone if they didn't like their post, which is why I post here a bit more than I did there. Ya'll are a friendly bunch.

The TiB has its regulars, but as long as the funny keeps staying funny, I'll keep coming back. However, I do find myself wondering pretty often what CrownRoyal does for a living...

12. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I need something to look at on my iPhone while I'm out on a Saturday night, and the drunk thread helps with that. People get judgmental when you're sitting in the corner of a bar playing Candy Crush.

13. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not even sure how I originally stumbled upon the Tucker Max page. I just read the stories and saw the TMMB link and figured I'd check out the message board. It was '04 or so and I was a good bit younger than the main posters so I just lurked. Enjoyed a lot of the humor there, and the occasional good advice to others that I could use. I figured something would happen after TM got so offended after the movie came out. Went there one day saw the link to here, and there you go. Bizarre to think about how long some of this group of people have been chatting it up.

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like many of you I found TMMB/RMMB from another site, but I found it from the Tard Blog that someone told me about the first semester of University(sept-dec 02). I didn't post much at all there, I would disappear for 6months to a year if i got busy with other things and come back. I missed lots of the big things that everyone talks about, but I always came back because it was always funny.

Like dixie, it sucks that he took all the other sites offline too, the Tarb Blog was always good for a laugh.

15. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Similar story to many of the others, I read IHTSBIH and from there found Tuckers page. RMMB was already down so I never experienced that but I jumped on here and after lurking for a long time I felt like I wanted to be a part of it in some way.

There has been and still is a lot of humor on here and I like that its not just a bunch of college kids. It seems like a pretty good sampling of older and younger to balance out or at least annoy the shit out of each other. Probably the best thing about it, that can be frustrating at times, is the diversity of views and thoughts that circulate around. There are times when I wonder what the fuck people are thinking but its also an opportunity to learn how others view the world and that is food for thought. Pretty cool.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My older brother suggested Tuckers first book and had been a poster on the first TMMB board. I repped a bunch of negative shit from his account the first time he showed me the board. The initial threads I remember reading and thought were drop dead hilarious were the Blueberry call out thread and the insensitive movie title threads. I remember posting some outrageously outlandish shit thinking that's how the board rolled when I first made an account. Most of it was deleted immediately and a mod called me out publicly when I neg repped him about making a trip to Kings Island as huge date day for his girlfriend. I think he was run off the board when it was found out he lied almost entirely about his military career, Green something or other.

Up until I started reading the TMMB my only other interactions with message boards was ign's since I was huge into video games. Other than console flame wars the site was heavily modded.. TMMB at first had solid modding and kept the dreggs of the internet at bay. Later it became a little too pious but still fun and worlds ahead of most other shitshows that call themselves message boards. Which is why I still post here to this day.

I am a little surprised at how many people were linked from Maddox. I was an insanely devote reader of his site and never remember him ever commenting on Tucker. Was it on some side page of his and not his main articles or something?

17. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tard blog -> Tucker stories -> TMMB -> RMMB -> TiB -> Boobie thread -> Nap.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shhhh! We'll never get new boobie thread updates.

If you type "discourse and depravity, intelligent" into Google's search box after the scholar articles, the top three choices are a Christian life book by John Landis, TiB and 4chan. That's probably how the lurkers got here.

19. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm another one that somehow found a link to Tucker's site on Maddox's and from there I found the RMMB. The first thing I read on RMMB was a moderator (SLF) flipping shit on another poster for disagreeing with him in an argument over whether or not a jet plane could take off on a giant treadmill. I checked out a few threads and got some laughs in but didn't register yet. I checked out Maddox's site later and then the RMMB again, and the new topics were still funny so I decided to register then. It was and still is the only non-outdoors/firearm related messageboard I'm on. That was just after I graduated from high school and was trying to drink as much cheap vodka and hook up with willing girls as I could so the "frat" atmosphere was fitting at the time.

After that went down I came here because there's still an eclectic mix of posters who have a sense of humor and use complete sentences.

Side note: I think this was the first Maddox page I saw and it is still hilarious.

20. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the longest time most of my message board memberships were about specific subjects like soap operas or pets or pregnancy and that was what we'd talk about. The first general board I belonged to was on the Zug comedy site. One time the Zug site owner pulled a prank on Tucker Max (it was lame). I had never heard of him and so I went to his site and read his stories. Then I lurked on the message board awhile. I was fascinated by both the humor and intelligence, but also the no-holds-barred honesty about aspects of life that I'd never seen before. I got some of that on Zug, but this was just a different level of it.

I actually enjoyed the movie-making forums and blogs because I am completely fascinated by what goes into making movies and was willing to put up with the bullshit hyper-analyzing of the film's success in order to glean all that cool info. I also went to one of the premieres and it was hilariously fun.

I joined this board for same reason as I joined RMMB. I went on hiatus here for awhile because I never felt like I had much to contribute and I had other things going on that didn't give me time to keep up with lurking. I came back a few months ago because Zug shut down and was still deciding whether I wanted to join another message board that had a lot of former Zug regulars. I still don't feel like I have a lot to contribute here, but I feel less shy about posting than I used to. I did decide to join that Zug offshoot, and I also belong to a local mom message board.