Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Woo Hoo- Everything's Slutty! Halloween Drunk Thread 2010!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm glad they got a good turn out.

Hopefully, it had some impact.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I just know that a ton of unofficial rallies popped up all over the place. There was one in Seattle that raised about $25k from donations to help cover PA rentals, large-screen simulcasting, etc.

It'll be interesting to see the numbers of people watching the webcast, never mind attending in person.

[​IMG]

3. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember that Crossfire was cancelled soon after Stewart went on and shamed the fuck out of its hosts. I don't think that was a coincidence. I mean, asking the entire political establishment and 24/7 news industry to have enough shame to, at the very least, shut up a little bit is asking a lot, but Stewart's one of the few people who has the influence - and uses it rarely enough - to have some sway.

4. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, working on a sat. sucks balls.

Apparently the company decided we needed a tech on the weekend.

However I got a call that made my day.

My company shares the same name with a company that manufactures shitty ass TVs. The TV company is in Hungary.

Now this woman calls up, pretty redneck sounding and mentions she bought a TV from a "roadside vendor" (meaning that she bought it from someone who stole it) and wants to know if she can get a remote, or how to program it. I tell her that we are an optics company and we have nothing to do with them. She then asked if I might know anyway. What the fuck lady?

So I tell her that the TV company is located in Hungary, and that it will be really expensive for her to call.

And here is what she did that every person that gets told this does. She asks:

"Can you call them up for me?"

Are these people just fucking with me? You think I am going to call Hungary for you? Fuck you people.

Man, I need a drink.

5. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope so. If you haven't seen it already you should check out his latest interview on Larry King Live.

Larry King: Why do you make fun of CNN so much?
    Jon Stewart: Because it's crap.

It was awesome.

http://www.indecisionforever.com/2010/10/21/jon-stewart-on-larry-king-live/

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Filling prescriptions is taking orders? I guess in a way, but that is kind of an odd way to look at it. I appreciate the input when they call and say that drug so and so shouldn't be prescribed with drug so and so, might I suggest this instead. I can't keep track of all the millions of drugs out there, so am glad somebody is.

But, I haven't forgotten where I started with my fellow nurses. First thing I do when I round on patients in the hospitals is track down the nurses and talk to them about the patients. The vast majority of the time (like Netdata said) they know exactly what is going on, have valid, educated, and informed opinions on what should be done next, and appreciate providers who want their input. People don't appreciate the work that nurses (and I will just throw teachers in here too) do, it is a damn hard job on all fronts - physically, mentally, emotionally.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox, this is supposed to be a fun thread.

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ha ha. Good one. Everyone loves nursing jokes!

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Aren't you becoming a pharmacist or something?

Couldn't make it into REAL medical school?

9. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[/quote]

Okay serious question, what's with night nurses arguing that they need naps during their shift?

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And, for those of you that don't wander through the hunting/fishing threads, check this out for your daily dose of mind blowing.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.krtv.com/news/grizzly-versus-bison-the-rest-of-the-story/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.krtv.com/news/grizzly-versus ... the-story/</a>

Attached Files:

11. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, seeing as I wouldn't have been able to apply to medical school (spit) when I got into pharm school, no, I couldn't.

And just to preserve my ego some more, I really have no interest in being a doctor. My interest in going into pharmacy was more because I was into chemistry than wanting to be a medical professional (obviously I can't say this about all, or even most, other pharmacy students). If I hadn't gotten into pharm school I think I would have liked to go into food chemistry and work at a brewery. That would have been a cool job.

The irony is that being a pharmacist has almost nothing to do with chemistry. Knowing what the molecules of drugs is like or how their structure affects function is the most useless skill a clinician can possibly have. Imagine trying to explain to a physician or nurse practitioner than drug x has a methylenecarboxy bridge and therefore inhibits P450 enzymes and therefore interacts with drug y. Or that chemical z has conjugated carbon double bonds and that's why it has a dark blue colour.

And now you know that I've spent most of my academic career studying useless shit that is hardly relevant to my actual career, taught by people who have no business deciding what is and isn't important for pharmacists to learn in school.

12. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After a long day of dirt bike riding and a mildly sprained ankle, I come home to read that Tony Parker has been signed to a 4 year, $50 million extension.

Life is good.

13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Aren't you like 20?

14. Marburg

Marburg
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Sounds like an awful lot of rationalization. Less talkey and more filling out the scripts I write lackey!

15. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, not everyone is capable of counting pills that other people order.

I am beginning to see why your aunt makes the comments that she does.

16. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I actually got into a debate about this with a friend last night. I'm glad there's some people on the board who can clear it up. What, exactly, do pharmacists do?

This will sound trite and insulting, which is unfortunate because it's a question I genuinely don't know the answer to, but what does the job entail beyond counting pills and reading from a computer? I had assumed that when a doctor writes a prescription, and a pharmacist at a drug store enters the data, a program pops up with all the pertinent information; dangerous side effects, drugs it reacts with, how it should be taken, etc. Is this wrong? Because if said program doesn't exist, then pharmacists must have to know an absolutely shocking amount of information. If this program does exist, isn't the job relatively easy?

Oh, Halloween boobs:

[​IMG]

17. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Oh, and ghetto...this one's for you:

[​IMG]

18. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You guys are mean! I thought we were all supposed to be friends here.

Drug store computer programs are fucking useless. Actually they're worse than useless. You know that light in your car that always says "check engine" and goes on and off all the fucking time? Yeah, that's a drug store computer program. In any case there's a few pharmacy blogs kicking around the net that answer these questions better than me...

What do we do?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theangrypharmacist.com/archives/2008/07/atap_what_exactly_do_you_do.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theangrypharmacist.com/archi ... ou_do.html</a>

What if pharmacists were replaced by machines?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theangrypharmacist.com/archives/2010/03/replaced-by-machines.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theangrypharmacist.com/archi ... hines.html</a>

I do, however, enjoy big boobs and Asian girls.

19. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, they do rely on those types of programs, but in the defense of pharmacists, they are usually the one person who knows all the medications a patient is on because the providers sure as hell can't decipher it from the patients (well, I take a little white round pill in the morning...it is either for my blood pressure or my diabetes, I can't remember, you know, the little white round pill?) so will hopefully catch drug interactions. And in some hospitals they actually round as part of the health care team to make suggestions regarding patient care. But in actuality they have very little input and interaction. I had a friend who put alot of effort into getting her PharmD for the reasons that ghetto described, worked as a pharmacist for about a year, and decided it wasn't for her for the reasons that you stated, and returned to school and became a clinical psychologist (who ironically can't even prescribe medications which is great for her because she wanted to focus more on non-pharmacological, behavioral interventions)

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Says the guy picking on the cute little nurse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.