Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You're So Mansome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by audreymonroe, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

These are still qualities that a flaming drag queen can have which is why I don't consider them characteristics of being manly. Being a mature adult, yes. Masculine? No.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Beards. Pure man. Bundy beat me to the punch, but fuck it these guys kick ass. Is it bad that my favourite song of this year is this joke rock song?

#42 Crown Royal, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Men are disposable, women are interchangeable.

Has anyone ever seen a manly hipster?

#43 Stealth, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Foodie hipsters - as in the ones who own restaurants or, say, brew their own beer rather than the ones who'll lecture you about eating organic food or will throw a fit over the barista accidentally giving them milk instead of soy milk - tend to be manly, and sexy. Actually, with the exception of the particular group of hipsters that everyone hates and makes fun of and deserve to be hated and made fun of, I've found a higher rate of manliness than in most other groups of males. But I also have a very broad idea of hipsterism.

I've been trying to figure out a distinction for when guys my age (in their twenties, or nowadays in their thirties) turn from being Guys to Men. (Boyz II Men?) I don't mean this is a snarky way, but it's rare that I'll consider someone in that age group a man, and I've been thinking about my few friends or people I know that I consider men and what makes them different. I think a big part of it is acknowledging and practicing the concept of sometimes putting other people and their needs ahead of yours. I very strongly equate selfishness with immaturity. On a grander scale of the same idea, I also think having interests in and ideas about things that extend beyond your very small bubble that you live in and view the world through is a sign of manliness. They don't have to be superpolitical, they just need to be aware of and have opinions on things that are going on in the world. Also, self-sufficiency - knowing how to cook, keep a house together, manage money, and any kind of the manly things men do with their hands, whether that means doing renovations of any size in your apartment in the middle of the city or hunting your own dinner in the middle of the country. Working with your hands, yeah, that's important. And also sexy. I also think having goals and some kind of idea or plan of how you want your life to go is manly, whether that means climbing up a corporate ladder or endless travelling and just seeing where it takes you. Wandering around aimlessly is very boyish to me.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Is that why I get "eyes" or "direct predatory attitude" more often than ever? Because I'm hitched and in my thirties?

I've asked this question before on here and got five answers, leaving me more confused than before. Howevs, it is a scientific fact that you, as a man, get hit on a LOT MORE OFTEN if they know/sense that you're married. What is that? I view it as either an attraction toward commitment, or a sick joke.

TiBettes/Nom?

EDIT: By the way I'm not a hipster. You know that and I know that. Don't lump me into Supertramp's soiree.

6. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I always thought that was a phenomenon that happened with both sexes.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

To answer you on topic, a MAN does not try to piss another man's pool a.k.a DON'T TRY TO FUCK MARRIED WOMEN. Guys who do this have no idea what "crime of passion" means. Whenever I hear some guy bragging about the married women that he's fucking around with, I want to slap him with a falconer's glove. People get killed over that shit because impulse does not exist when you play hopscotch in another kid's playground.

8. Nicole

Nicole
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

In my world, hipsters cannot be manly. Manliness entails authenticity...hipsters by definition are a put-on look, and at this point, the look is far past the original, maybe high-minded irony that it once meant. Now it's just a look, and real men don't give a shit about looks so much as functionality, or if they do, it's only with a tongue firmly in the cheek, like a nice Robert Downey Jr with a side of Paul Rudd. In my world.

9. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You are a man when you do what needs to be done to achieve the goals that are necessary or most desirable for you and yours.

Dressing in stupid clothes to fit in with a counter culture makes you a man child no matter how old you are. Man clothes should fall into only 4 categories: Sport, Business, Dirty Work & Smart Casual.

10. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In my experience guys don't try to fuck wives, they just take what's offered to them.

11. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

There are masculine acts. Masculine ways to dress. Masculine hobbies and uniquely masculine forms of douchebaggery. But ultimately, for my money, what makes a man will always come down to being prepared to do the right thing, whatever the cost.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

In my experience, if a married woman is offering herself to you, both of you should fuck off from each other. Fuck her, and if you accept fuck you. The biggest issue I have with guys that do this is that they never, EVER take consequences into consideration, and NEVER think about what the husband might think. As far as they're concerned, he doesn't exist. But he DOES exist, and no secret stays secret forever. All it takes is a small "mistake" or her mouthing off in a domestic arguement and the Other Man becomes the marked man.

If a guy finds out that his wife is fucking someone else, his first instinct is to hunt the motherfucker down and make him pay. He has pent-up rage and can't take it out on her, so what options are there left?

13. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Um, what? Are you really saying that no man has ever beat on his wife because he suspected her of cheating?

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No. I'm not saying that they haven't. That is something that has happened more often than it ever should have. I'm saying that they CAN'T. As in "should not ever". Violence against women is bad enough, but based on mere suspicion? You need hard jail time and therapy for that shit. Not negotiable, not open for debate.

Men don't beat women. Cowardly pussies beat women, and I don't give a fuck how tough they are.

15. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have never really understood in situations of cheating like this why all the anger and hostility is directed at the third party and not at the person who took the vows. The other guy didn't vow to love, cherish, honor, etc, your spouse did. Like somebody else said, they are just taking what is being offered, right or wrong. Can't really say that it has much to do with YOU (I am going on the assumption that this isn't a friend because that is another situation). And there are ways of "taking it out" on the spouse other than beating, most notably dumping their cheating ass.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think the person doing the cheating is the worst party. You especially can't get mad at somebody when they had no idea the person they were sleeping with were married. However, the topic is about manliness and a man shouldn't fuck another man's wife, period. A woman shouldn't fuck another woman's husband. ALSO non-negotiable. People have different definitions of what a marriage should be, but unless they're bonifide swingers cheating makes you a bad person.

17. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

A real man's wife... would never want to cheat on him.

18. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

+rep

There's a few studies been done that show women tend to settle down with "safe and dependable" types, but then cheat on them with more physically attractive/ athletic dudes.

19. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That's because most women are awful people. Real men don't marry whores.

20. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't disagree with the anti-hipster sentiment. Any time you have to go to such great pains just to look like a contrarian douchebag, you're probably worthy of ridicule. However, I see absolutely nothing wrong with having pride in your look and overall aesthetic. Its no less manly to take pride in your appearance and put some effort into creating a wardrobe/outfits as it is supposedly manly to only have 3 pairs of shoes or dress exclusively in jeans and white t shirts. Have a style, own it, and don't feel the need to judge the style of others save for obvious ridicule of posers and guidos.